What is an NFL 20-Point Pool?
The concept of an NFL 20-Point Pool is a relatively new one. You're picking game winners straight up with the scoring determined by the spread.
How Does an NFL 20-Point Pool Work?
Participating in an NFL 20-Point Pool is quite simple:
- Pick one team per week you feel will win their match-up straight up
- If the team you chose wins you earn 20 points plus the spread on that team for the week
- The team you select is a 3.5 point favourite and you correctly predict them to win, you would earn 16.5 (20 - 3.5) points for the week
- The team you select is a 5.5 point underdog and you correctly predict them to win, you would earn 25.5 (20 + 5.5) points for the week
- If the team you select loses, you get 0 for the week
- The entry with the most points at the end of the season wins
It's a pretty easy pool to manage and participate in, but it's not so easy to win. Each week is a trade off between taking a higher percentage chance at gaining some points, rolling with favourites, or a lesser chance at a higher number of points picking underdogs.
BenchSports NFL 20-Point Pool Features
BenchSports removes the need for clunky spreadsheets and gives you an easy to use administration portal along with an easy user interface
for people to submit as well as track their picks.
- Allow auto-picking in case someone forgets to enter a pick
- Run your pool for the regular season or all the way to the Super Bowl
Standard BenchSports Features
- Private Message Board
- Easy Setup
- Easy League Administration Portal
- Top Shelf Customer Service
How Much Does an NFL 20-Point Pool Cost
NFL 20-Point Pools will cost anywhere from $0.75 to around $1 per entry depending on the number of participants. BenchSports charges a one time hosting fee based off the type of pool and the # of people participating.
Use our Pricing Calculator to get an idea of what your pool would cost.
We welcome any and all comments and encourage you to contact us with any questions.