What do we collect?
BenchSports.com collects as little information as possible to ensure the usability of our website and ensure our pool administrators can manage their pool efficiently. Your pool administrator may require more detailed information depending on how your pool is set up.
The items we collect are as follows:
- User Login - This is your unique login specific to BenchSports.com
- Password - A valid password is required to ensure security
- Email Address - A valid email address is required to receive temporary passwords and may be used by your pool administrator.
- Name - Name is just another indicator for persons participating in your pools to know "who" you are
- City - Same as name just another indicator for persons participating in your pools to know "where" everyone participating is from
- Time Zone - This allows for us to display due dates/start dates in your local time to try and avoid any time zone confusion.
Who has access to view my information?
Your personal information is available for viewing in four scenarios:
- You - you can view/change your personal information at any time
- Pool Participants - other participants can view minimal personal information (no contact information) on the roster page within your pool.
- Pool Administrators - the person managing your pool can see additional personal information on the pool roster page within your pool in order to contact you.
- BenchSports.com - We can view your personal information but it's used solely for site related matters.
When will BenchSports use my information?
- BenchSports.com will NEVER sell your personal information to any outside entity. The personal information collected is solely for the use of BenchSports.com.
- Site Issues - If there are issues arising from site usage, user information management or any other site issues that missing or inaccurate personal information prevents proper site usage.
- Email Reminders - We occasionally send out reminders to pool owners when a new season is coming up (you can opt out of this feature)
- Data Analysis - We reserve the right to review and collect data for our own site management purposes. This includes but is not limited to annual summaries of registrations/entries, etc.
Information shared on pool message boards
We are not responsible for the dissemination of any details that users post publicly on pool message boards. Please use discretion if/when doing so.
What about credit card information?
At this time BenchSports.com uses PayPal for all credit card processing and does not collect or retain any credit card information.
I would like my account removed
Please reach out to us and we can remove any personal identifying information from your account, and set it with a random unknown password to make the account dormant/inaccessible. We will not completely remove an account that has been used for a pool completely, to keep our reporting accurate/consistent. If an account has not been used in any pools, we can completely remove it.
What if I have privacy related questions?
If you have any questions you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we would be happy to discuss them.